How to ask someone to be your bridesmaid???

Is it ok to ask them on-line or on the phone??
or should it be face to face???

MMaland99

Asked by MMaland99 at 4:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• i think its fine to ask over the phone if you live far from each other,why not?one of my bridesmaids threw down her phone and jumped up and down screaming yes,yes of course i will!she didnt seem offended by being asked over the phone,neither would i be i guess.good luck!
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 4:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think it depends on the situation. For example, if you see them all the time, I think it would be nice to ask them in person, or, if you want to do it over the phone, I think it should be a specific call to ask. You shouldn't just drop it in the middle of a regular conversation like "Hey, how are things? Do you want to be a bridesmaid? Have you seen that new movie with ___". But I think "I wish I could have asked you this in person, but you are so important to me, I didn't want to wait until we saw each other in person again to ask. Would you please be my bridesmaid?" is ok.

I would avoid online if you can, but that's just me because I would want to be able to talk to my friend about it, share in the excitement of it all (whether as a bride or a "maid"), and that's harder to do online.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I would be honored regardless of how you asked. Whatever works for you. I guess face to face, then phone, then email is preferable but I wouldn't worry about it if you need to do it any of those ways.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2008