Can I get pregnant on my period?

I started my period on Saturday evening, my boyfriend I had unprotected sex that night. I'm on birth control and my periods are usually regular, and usually last about a week. The catch? My period is pretty much finished now (Monday evening). Could it be possible that I'm one of the very rare cases of getting pregnant on my period AND on birth control? I doubt it but I need other opinions because this is just not like my normal body... Please help? :/

x1love1heartx3

Asked by x1love1heartx3 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES. Any kind of body liquid is a great host for sperm. This includes mucus and blood.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 3:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• OH yes. My daughter is proof of that
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's definitely possible!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• take a test
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No offense but the whole having sex on your period is TMI for most people. I would edit this post and flag it as TMI

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes
    allmyblessings

Answer by allmyblessings at 9:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes, it's definitely possible. Birth control is only what, 99% effective, so there's still that 1% left. And I think getting pregnant on your period isn't very common, but it's definitely possible!! So take a test! Good luck.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thank you all so much. As for the one comment saying it is TMI, we're all big girls here... It's not like I gave details on it, I was just describing my concern, which that had to do with it. I did not take it to offense, but there's no need to flag it as TMI unless I went into grave detail. Thanks again to the ones who told me to take a test, I took one and it came up negative. :)
    x1love1heartx3

Comment by x1love1heartx3 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010