How can I keep from taking out aggravation towards the father of my youngest on my son instead of his father?

speed76

Asked by speed76 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just remember that your son is innocent and shouldn't have to pay for his father's shortcomings. Also, deal with whatever it is that is bothering you with the father so it isn't weighing on your mind. Good luck to you.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thanks, talking to the father is like getting kicked in the gut while you are down. This man has no respect for any female he encounters and takes it out on my son. It has left me feeling helpless when my son tells me that he wants to live with me instead of his father.
    speed76

Comment by speed76 (original poster) at 3:33 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i wondered when i was pregnant if i would feel like that... there are a lot of times when i'm frustrated, but i don't think i've ever actually taken it out on my daughter. just do the best you can. usually love for your child will overcome your feelings towards their father.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 3:39 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I can only hope, this man is down right (to put it bluntly) evil! my son is terrified of him
    speed76

Comment by speed76 (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Knowledge is power. You could check with an attorney and see if there is anything you could do. Why is he with his dad instead of you to begin with?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2010