Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

decided to stop taking OXY perscribed by my doc- suggestions for severe back pain?

My doc is unwilling to hear me out about my pain. He just keeps perscribing me narcotics, so I am quitting. The problem is, my back is KILLING me. Its keeping me up at night. I am taking bayer back and body, using a heating pad, and Salonpas patches.. its not working. Any suggestions? I cant afford a chiropractor or accupuncture.. My doc said I HAD to have surgery to correct it- but he is also a I dont know that I trust his opinion.


Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • First of all just stopping these meds isn't the best idea you want to slowly stop taking these your body will get really sick and you will be in a lot more pain then you have ever been in. Just slowly cut yourself down on the meds. I would also call around and see if you find a different doctor to take you as a patiene. Your doctor doesn't seem like he is willing to help you with this problem he just sounds like he wants the pill to take care of and all that pill is gonna do is get you hooked on them and then you will not be able to get though your life without them.

    Answer by raemommy at 6:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Stretching exercises help.  Loss weight if you need to helps.


    Answer by louise2 at 5:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • You need to get a second opinion on your back - just because he's a surgeon doesn't mean that he is itching to operate. Stretching and strengthening your back may help, but without knowing the injury I'd be scared to tell you to do that. You could make it much worse.

    Answer by Scuba at 7:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Go gluten free. It's what helped me. My doc wanted to manage my pain, not find the source of it. All testes for gluten allergy came back negative, however, if i eat gluten foods, my pain comes back.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • sex

    Answer by shay1130 at 8:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Time for a second opinion. If you aren't already seeing an ortho than its time to see one. If you are than its time to find a new one to see that will listen to you.

    Answer by mag12305cmg at 9:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2010