would u think weird of your sister in law if she kept on saying she hates kids and never wants to have any?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• depends on how old she is, and her sense of maturity.

my SIL says that, but shes like 17 and is immature and obnoxious and is still a child/brat herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Some people just aren't parent material...atleast she knows it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I depends. If she is a young adult or teen, no really. Alot of people that age say that. Then, they are the ones who have a dozen and get pregnant on their honeymoon. I didn't care for kids much and I was pretty critical of misbehaving children until I had my own and could really understand how it is. If she is married, she could be jealous. Older, just negative. I would ask, "How do you feel about my kids" point blank. It would get on my nerves so I would ask her to keep her negative comments about kids to herself when she is around me and absolutely, when she is in earshot of my children.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:53 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well when I was 21 I said I would never have kids ever but I never walked around saying it but now I have three kids and love them to death.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 7:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It's better that she knows this and won't bring a child in this world that won't be loved.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• weird.. I would want to rip her eyes out! Maybe even use a spoon! I am protective of my kids. and NO one talks about my kids that way!
    Have you ever asked her why she says that?
    Maybe it is just every kid?
    Dear God, I hope. Other wise.. prepare the spoon!
    ohiomommy77

Answer by ohiomommy77 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I agree, some people are just not cut out for it, and at least she knows it. I imagine if she is young she will mature and maybe change her mind.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I used to say that all the when I was a teenager and now I love being a mom!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• When my friend was 17 she said that she would never have a baby she is now 21 and has a cute little boy. I think most girls say that when there young.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• The only time it would concern me would be if she was mistreating *my* children. Other than that, why would I care if she wants kids or not?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:01 AM on Oct. 22, 2008