Job or Work From Home?

If you had the choice, would you still work in the workforce or would you rather work from home? I use to think I'd rather work from home & did doing child care. Then I had to get a job with study income & insurance. My mindset changed. I became more outgoing. I found I needed to interact with ppl. Working from home, I would often stay in my Pj's all day. Working in an office I had to take better care of my appearance & pride in my dress/ work. I also had to learn how to be a team player. It helped me overcome my need to be in control all the time, as well as, I didn't have all the answers. Sometimes others have better ones! Sometimes. LOL

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 4:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• If I had the choice, I'd stay in the work force. True, I wouldn't have a lot of time with my daughter and husband, BUT they'd be provided for and wouldn't have to worry about having a roof over their heads, food on the table, or clothes on their back.

I enjoy working and putting the skills I learned in the Navy to good use.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Ive done both, and I like being home..not to be lazy but I can put dealines on myself that I take control of...I could never sit home in my PJ's all day..I am serious abot my business and my kids are in activities including school daily so we are still up at 630 am and out the door at 8am..
    I didn't like having to ANSWER to someone, clocking in etc. If I am goingt o bust my hump so to speak its going to be to make myself and family wealthy not someone else.
    My business is willable, so the time effort and strength I put into it NOW, they will see and reap for the remainder of their lives.
    My business provides Protection for your family as well, I have no products to sell monthly, or minimum to do..I have no 10 questions to answer to make 10 dollars.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i have always had a choice and i chose work from home, i love it i own a business, have a job in direct sales and have a small job doing text handling.

www.earningsinabasket.info
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That's a toughy. I've done both and both have pros and cons. I think while the kids are too young for school work at home is the way to go and work outside the home when they're in school.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I prefer working away from home. I love having my office to go to in the mornings and I love coming home to my family in the evening. It's the best of both for me!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 12:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have also done both. I am so glad that i chose to be home when my kids were little, they grow up so fast! Now they are in hs I like working as a substitute teacher combining their needs with mine. I think as they grow older and move out i would like to be working full time either as a teacher or start my own business. Isn't it great we have these choices?
    aussielee

Answer by aussielee at 12:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have done both also. I have been a stay at home mom for six years now. But, if I knew then what I know now, I would have either stayed working or made much better financial choices!! But, I would not trade being able to be home with my kids for anything either. They are growing so fast ~ and I am glad I had the choice to make!
    On the other side ~ working from home takes much more than I orginally thought. It has been a tougher road than I expected to get going, but I am finally on my way!! Seems to be much easier for some than others, but if you set your mind to it, it will come. I have found that over these past 6 years I have become more of a procrastinator, so that is being worked on!!
    Next year when both of the kids are in school full time, I may check into working at the school. That way I could have off the same days as the kids and don't have to worry about finding or paying someone in the summer.
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 1:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I get the best of both worlds with my at home business. With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 6:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have enjoyed both, but right now my family needs me to work from home.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2010