What can I do to help?

My lil guy (21 months) is coughing non stop :(
Every night for the past 2 weeks now my 21 month old son wakes up at 2am and coughs and coughs until i give him OTC cough syrup. He is on zyrtec for his allergies and he gets his daily dose of it around 6 pm. I know most of the cough is from drainage but what else can I do to help my poor lil guy at night. He is elvated, has a cool mist humidifer going, I put vicks on him use the bulb suction on his nose, plus have him blowing his nose and I use nose spray too and of course the medicine. I just don't know what else to do to help him :(

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 4:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

• First off, you put your question in the wrong place. It should be under heath. You'd get a lot more advice. This site is for funny stuff. I wouldn't say anything you're going through is funny right now! As far as your little guy, he needs some antibiodics. I had a sinus infection It was draining in my ears and down my throat. My Dr. put me on azithromycin. I just saw he is a baby. He problably can't take this strong of a drug. But they might have something he can take. Coz, what he's taking now isn't working. It should have started drying up. Be careful how much he blows his nose. Sometimes it just agetates the nose, making it worse. Do you have a childcare clinic? Either way, go back to the Dr. Tell him its not working. Oh. Vicks rub is only good if its in his chest. Oh, you can check the Health Store. See what they have to offer. Hope this helps. Pray he's better quickly!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Or post it in the baby(0-12) section.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You are going to think I am crazy but more moms than me will swear this helps. But Vicks Vapo Rub on the bottom of his feet then put socks on him. Some reflexology Chinese thing, but I swear it works!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Hey, I forgot about that one. Vicks on the bottom of the feet.... I think that was because that's were our nerves meet for the main part of our organs. Not to be confused with an organ that plays music! LOL
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 11:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010