My husband doesn't talk to me anymore and cuts me off a lot when I bring anything up.He only talks to me when he wants something.I don't know how to conversate with him anymore....

We are married(3 yrs) and I feel lonely because I have no one to talk to or anyone who fully understands me.

lilpunkymom

Asked by lilpunkymom at 5:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I take it you're married to my husband then LOL only wehave been married 10 years I feel the exact same way mine always tells me it's in my head not sure what advice to give you though
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• hahahaha!!! *high five* yea I knew someone married for 15 years and she has the same issue as me.I dunno ....
    lilpunkymom

Comment by lilpunkymom (original poster) at 6:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My hubby has the same problem i just tell him i have something to say so please be quite and allow me to speak and when im done you can say whatever you have to say but we are a team and no matter if you like it or not we have to speak. Men are weird and they always think that it is us that over react and it's not we just notice things more then they do.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yea we're pretty bad heheh...he goes straight into his "music" room when he gets home and demands dinner and stuff.He gets snotty if I ask him how his day went....
    lilpunkymom

Comment by lilpunkymom (original poster) at 6:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My husband was like that a few months ago. He would lash out and say really hurt things when I got angry and asked him about it. So I up and stopped doing everything I went through a depression becasue I didnt know wheather or not to stay or leave. I finally broke my silence and it was bad. I mean I completely blew up while my son was at school just before I had to go to work. I didnt let him get a word in edge wise and just left when I was done talking. Turned my ohine off and just drove. PLEASE dont do like I did, dont let if fester and boil over. Slowly work him into a conversation if that wont work write it down and ask him to read it.
    txlady06

Answer by txlady06 at 7:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You might want to look at Dr Phil's book Relationship Rescue. It is supposedly very good. There is a workbook with it. Just one idea. You deserve more than the way it is. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• couples therapy
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Not sure how these other ladies keep their cool... .I yell "I'm talking" when he cuts me off. He actually does it to everyone so I do this when he cuts off the kids or other people too, but not as obnoxiously.

My husband doesn't listen. He will ask me the same question 5 times and not listen to the answer. When I finally get irritated and yell the answer he gets offended with this "don't talk to me like that". I am not really sure what to tell you... bugs the crap out of me. And of course I am yelling by the time I answer something 5 times. He will also hear me ask a question and not answer. I just keep repeating myself until he responds.

I worry that we will be old people who don't talk to each other bc it gets so damn annoying it is not worth the effort some days.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Is it a 3 year thing perhaps? Like the opposite of a growth spurt? Same here. 3 years aswell. Just hang in there, apparently it gets better
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 10:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Therapy maybe?

Or you could decide that you're going to confront him on his behavior, be stern with what you are saying and correct him if he dare cuts you off or gets snippy. You deserve to have him listen to your concerns, even if you have to be assertive to get him to.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 10:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2010