Is this normal?

Is it normal for my daughter's back to pop a lot? Like when I pick her up. My mom says she's picked up lots of babies and none of them have the popping back that mine does. She's 5 mo old.

ellaura

Asked by ellaura at 11:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is the only baby I had who's back popped. She just turned 2 and it sometimes still does it. My boys never popped when they were little. I'm not sure how normal it is but my daughter is fine and doesn't have any problems because of it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i dont remeber any of my kids doing that my son is 5 months and he hasnt had that happen i would ask a chiropractor or talk to his doctor about it because that dont sound normal
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My daughter's back has always popped when we pick her up. She seems to be fine.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 11:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• my neice had this and she is 9 with back issues that if diagnosed early could have been prevented.
    I would tell my pedi and get their advise.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• An orthopedic doctor explained to me once that popping doesn't always indicate a problem. Babies pop and crack just like adults do. I would bring it up to the doctor just in case.
    tizzanny

Answer by tizzanny at 1:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• im not sure i would think its a little normal bcuz my son is 2months and his shoulders pop when i pick him up. its scary sometimes, but maybe its bcuz of my hubby n my bad bones... i hope he doesn't get them.
    nates_mommi

Answer by nates_mommi at 3:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2008