Trick or Treating: Do you walk with your kids?

Heaven forbit if parents get some exercise and built up a sweat so their kids can have fun! I see most parents either driving around in the car or allow their kids to TOT by themselves.

Every year Dh and I walk around with DD. She's never in danger because she's never out of our sight!

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 6:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• I always walk with my kids - no way would I allow them to go by themselves! People really drive around in cars??? Unbelievable.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yes they are only 5and 2.5
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Absolutely~
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have never seen anyone drive around in cars. The older kids in our neighborhood, I'd say 12 and up go out by themselves. My kids are only 2 and 6 though, so we go with them.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 7:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yep we walk!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I've seen people drive around in cars. I've always walked w/ mine. Even if it is chilly. One yr. we did attach a wagon to a lawn tractor though.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I do admit one time we did not walk the whole way. we went oa friends neighborhood and they had a lot of kids at their house for a party and TOT well part of the fun was to fill their trailer with pine straw and do a hay ride as the TOT. So they would ride walk a few houses. ride a little. On and off. It was fun.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm surprised some of you haven't saw people driving around. Its very common here. The parents drive to the end of the street, let out their kids and meet them at the other end. Or they coast along down the streets watching their kids go door to door. It causes a lot of traffic problems here.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Well I will be walking, but my kids will be riding in the stroller! lol!! My DD is only going to be 14 months, and she cant walk yet, and my son is only going to be a little over a month, so he wont know what the heck is going on lol!! We are dressing them both up though.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• where we go alot of people drive trucks and trailers and 4 wheelers. it's a huge subdivision and takes 2 hours to walk but I always walk with my son. Sometimes I stay at the end of the driveway and my 15yr old walks my 5 yr old to the door but niether are never out of my sight.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 10:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2010