TOT costume: On a budget

Anyone have ideas of how to make costumes with little/no money? Perhaps make a costume out of things around the house like old cloths and stuff. We don't have much money but DD always wants the most expensive costumes. I think she wanted to be a devil this year.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 6:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• Red sweat suit, she'll wear that again. A horn head band, should be cheap. Make a tail out of red electrical tape and a hanger. Face paint. You could go the extra mile and buy some fabric paint to make the sweat shirt say something cute Like' Sweet Little Devil.'

How old is DD I might have other ideas...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Does your daughter have any dress up clothes? My daughter has the cheap disney princess dresses for dress up and this year since my due date is on Halloween we also are not spending any money. So we will put sweats under the dress and have her wear her play jewelry. Also there is craigslist. You can get a nice one used for 5 dollars. Thrift shops are great but get picked through the closer it gets. Growing up my dad always made our costumes. One year I was a pirate. He took a garbage bag and made an eye patch from it and a costume with it. I wore white and black. She could go as an old woman. Take black eyeliner for wrinkles. Baby powder for hair and skin. Sweater for older look etc...
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 7:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Kitty cat: black leotard/leggings, headband w/ears, a makeup pencil to draw a nose/whiskers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• spaghetti and meatballs---

red sweat suit, brown craft pom poms, cream yarn and a colander

glue on the pom poms and pieces of yarn to look like the spaghetti all over the shirt and pants, put the colander on her head.

I saw this costume on a kid once and it was so cute!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• DD is 8.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Red tights & shirt from Target or wherever... craft store, wire, fabric, foam, enough for horns and tail. You might have to splurge on a pitch fork.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 7:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010