Have you ever sent them to boot camp?

My sd has been having issues for the last few years...well this summer while in another state she got into serious trouble by lieing to a lady that thought she was being abused and not fed...well the lady reported it to ss and the police and ss came...then they find out it was all a hoax and that she preyed on this elderly women by lieing to her....ss stepped in from the other state and has pushed to have her put in a boot camp..she leaves sometime the end of oct...my sd still does not see what she done wrong nor has the appologised to anyone...if you sent your kid to a boot camp did it help and fix the problem or did it make things worse..please tell me your story and advice on what to expect...Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If she's at least 17 years old, she can go to boot camp. If you want something with good reform and discipline, it's a good way to go. There have been criminals who enlist in the military to get out of a prison sentence and end up spending their entire 20+ year career in the service. They end up being some of the most hardcore Marines and Soldiers I've ever met. If you want something super duper hardcore for her to go into, check into the Marines or the Army. If you feel she may wash out of those, send her to the Navy (where I went). If you want something that's seemingly more lax, check out the Air Force. All four branches have a three month boot camp (different from my 9.2 weeks of boot camp). All four teach teamwork, problem solving, discipline, and pride in your military service.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have not.
    Good luck to you with your sd.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No, I have not, but we have taken our youngest daughter around the age of 14 to the police station when we had a problem with her repeatedly stealing money from my purse. The police officer was really nice for being stern with her and taking her back to where the cells were and explaining that her new home could be in one of them if she continued down the path of stealing.
    She's never stolen money from me, although things come up missing around the house now and then, but we are able to handle it on our own. Thank goodness she has never shoplifted...I go through her things and would know.
    (con't)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• She did, however, sneak a boy into the house last week while we were asleep (she's 16, he's 17) and I caught them naked. I woke up for no reason at all and checked on my daughters and found them. I screamed bloody murder and my husband came running with his gun in his underwear to see his baby girl covering up her nude body while a half naked boy ran out of her room. Hubby is in law enforcement so he had control over his reactions. He got dressed and drove the boy home in his official vehicle. Unfortunately, the boy gave him the wrong idea...figures.
    Meantime, I'm thinking of ways to handle my daughter...this was a new one to me....and he comes home and tells her she can't have her cell for 2 weeks and is grounded for 2 months. That's it?! Later, he found out that Homecoming is within the 2 month restriction time and he's thinking of letting her go. No way!!!
    She's not even remorseful. She's mad at me for over-reacting!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Meant to say that the boy gave him the wrong address (not the wrong idea).
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010