What should I do with a SPOILED mini Pin?

He was our baby, then i had a baby. Now, he is really pissy. Literrally. We have tried everything. I love on him when I don'thave to handle the baby, my kids play with him, and my husband when I have to hold the baby. He still PEES on all of the baby's stuff. He barks all the time at him too! Idon't know what else to do!

PTBAAMom

Asked by PTBAAMom at 7:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pets

• I would speak to a trainer or your vet to see if they can recommend any thing before you go and get rid of the little guy. To bad you don't live close to me, I would take him till you could get him back!  PM me if you want to talk!

binder5

Answer by binder5 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I feel for you. I have an extremely spoiled little min pin also. If it's not his way then he pouts and tears stuff up. Talk to a trainer they can give you good pointers on handling the problem. They are smart dogs that require a lot of discipline to be stable. Make sure that he has his own time with you, like walk or playtime that is his. When you are holding the baby include him, so he can get used to the baby. Good luck.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Get rid of him. I hate to say that, but it's the truth. Little dogs are like short men (read: Napoleon complex!) and once they get spoiled and set in that way, no amount of training will fix it.

My dog (a pitt bull/lab mix, abuse rescue, most docile animal I've ever seen) is used to being the baby as well, but I've done pretty well with socializing him around my friends' kids and having friends with babies bring them over, so he's already used to one being in the house.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2008