No period since may 8th?

I havent I haven’t had a period since May 8th, (which is normal for me) however the husband and I are trying to conceive a baby, we started around my ovulation time which would have been june 19 so had intercourse june 16- june 30, I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it said no, would it be too soon to tell? And when should I test if so?!

hailsmama

Asked by hailsmama at 11:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It may still be too soon. Are you sure you ovulated on the 19th?
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 11:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• not too sure... how would i have known?
    hailsmama

Answer by hailsmama at 11:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If your last period was May 8th, wouldn't you have been ovulating closer to May 20th or so? If you didn't get a period in June, then how do you know when you ovulated in June? I think I'm confused, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• yes i should have ovulated in may but i would also as well ovulated in june, i know the dr. told me that just cause i dont get my period i am still ovulating, ( i did one of the online ovulation calanders) where it tells you ur suggested ovulation days and it said june 19th.
    hailsmama

Answer by hailsmama at 11:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• did you go see your dr and get a blood test
    mommyof20507

Answer by mommyof20507 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• not yet... ive been trying since january... i dont want to keep asking her for a blood test. shes going to think im insane.ive already had 2 (blood tests) since january.
    hailsmama

Answer by hailsmama at 11:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I would give it another week or so and take a home test.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Your period still should not be due for another 2-4 days, and if you were having intercourse up until the 30th, there is always an extra chance of a delayed period, so you should definitely wait a week, if not more. Then test.
    Anonymous

• I'm irregular too. It can be very difficult to tell when, or even if, you are ovulating without doing some sort of tracking. I track my BBT's. You can also use OPK's. If I were you, I would contact my doctor and let them know that you haven't had a period since May. Have them run bloodwork to check if you are pregnant. If not, you may want to talk to them about using medication to help you ovulate, like Clomid (what I'm currently trying).

Online sites can only guess when you are going to ovulate based on "normal" cycles. They can't be trusted completely. To quote a pirate "They are more like guidelines than actual rules".
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 12:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• they know im irregular with my periods, she told me to just wait it out... im going to wait i guess. and just see what happens. ill test in two weeks, and continue to try... i just wanted to get some advice to see if there was a possibility of being pregnant and it just being too early to tell...
    hailsmama

Answer by hailsmama at 1:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2008