Do You use sitter services?

I am watching GMA and they are talking about jobs for the holidays and one is sitters. Would you or have you ever used one of these?

luvmy4kidsinAL

Asked by luvmy4kidsinAL at 8:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know exactly what kind they are talking about but I have found my 2 part time jobs through www.care.com and www.sittercity.com. I have had my background check done and fingerprints. The two families I help have no relatives nearby and really needed a sitter. I did my homework on them too. Called their references and made a house visit before taking the job.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I worked at one when I was in college. I went to college in a resort town (Wilmington, NC) and during the summers they were really slammed with out of town families and many of the parents wanted to go out without their kids and would call. But I've never used one.

Answer by missanc at 8:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Ive never used one but it seems to be a good business. i would definelty use one as long as the person has a thero background check and repridable sources :)
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 9:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010