I'm 7 weeks pregnant by a guy that no longer wants me, but I want to be with him.

I had a scan the other day, an early one because I lost babies before, for the early scan is a precaution. But good news, everything is going ok and I could even see the heart beat! So now I can feel excited about the fact I have a little life inside of me. Miracle as it is, it turns out that right now I am 7 weeks pregnant which means it was the first time we had sex I got pregnant, of which I actually took the morning after pill.
So yes I am happy about that.
Now the D situation. I have to say we were having a pretty good time before I found out I was pregnant. The sex was pretty good and was getting better at the time. But now obviously I'm not getting any of that now. Which is a shame cause being pregnant means that I am just hornier and I can't help but want him more.
Thing is I have feelings for him and they are growing stronger. How am I supposed to feel, he doesn't want me now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Trying to make a relationship work while being pregnant is hard, and stressful. Trust me, I've done it. If he's excited about being a father thats good. Let him be involved with the appointments, and ultrasounds if thats wanted. But dont make him. I know you have strong feelings for this guy, but I dont think you should keep thinking about the situation of 'being with him'. Trying to make him will only push him away more. I think you should just let him go for now. If he cares, and maybe... has the same feelings for you. Then he will come to you when he's ready.
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• let him go, u can't force him. Unfortunate that he doesn't wanna be a part of a family he helped create adn be a hero to his little boy or girl and have the unconditional love of a woman who really wants him (a rare find). He's the one missing out.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If he doesn't want to be with you, he doesn't want to be with you. Move on. Casual relationships and decisions like becoming a parent don't often make for a good outcome.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i agree with Zoeyis
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry that you're stuck in a situation like this, but if he doesn't want to be with you, you can't make him be with you. I think right now you just need to move on from him and focus on being a good mom to that little one growing inside of you. And who knows, maybe the further you get along, the father will open his eyes and realize he wants to be apart of the baby's life. Maybe even yours. Good luck.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Okay, soooo...
    the relationship was going pretty well and you describe that as "the sex was getting better at the time"? Is that the only qualifier for a good relationship?

You only had sex for the first time 7 weeks ago, after which you took the morning after pill - so neither of you were thinking long-term love at the time - and less than 2 months later you're pregnant. Less than 2 months ago that dude was in a casual relationship with someone who he thought was taking precautions to not get pregnant, can you blame him for being a little shell-shocked?

The only reason you listed for wanting to be with him was because you're horny?

Forget about him right now; there's a baby to think of now. Miritrose was harsh, but correct: "your setting yourself and your child up for a long hard road ahead of you both".

Good Luck
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 9:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• As soon as you got pregnant it changed from a casual thing to very serious. It sounds like all he wanted was a casual relationship and that's what it was for you as well. If he doesn't want to be there for you and the baby you need to just let him go, it's not worth it to put your effort into holding onto him. Hopefully he gets over the shock and wants to be apart of the babies life, but you can't force him and that's where your focus needs to be right now.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Firstly, I hate to be judged like this. I don't want an abortion. I was told before that I would probably never get pregnant, and as I also did take the morning after pill, I still got pregnant. So to me its a miracle to me this baby is meant to be. Ok we did take precautions but the condom split.
    We carried on seeing each other and dating. I am a very sexual person and so is he. My reasons for liking him are not just because of the sex. I love how much of a deep and interesting person he is. I say I only had sex with him for the first time 7 weeks ago. But I have known him for 8 years.
    Thing is he is really happy about being a dad, he will be there for me and the baby. I know for sure. But he just doesn't want me now. But he is still affectionate towards me. Talk about confusing me in my emotional state that I am.
    Miss-Daisy2010

Answer by Miss-Daisy2010 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thank you Ness x
    Miss-Daisy2010

Answer by Miss-Daisy2010 at 5:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• have an abortion because it wasnt meant to be and keep moving till you get married with someone whi does want you and a child... otherwise your setting yourself and your child up for a long hard road ahead of you both
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010