what is the Faith Based initiative...?

I don't under stand the Monies spending thing?

PTBAAMom

Asked by PTBAAMom at 8:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• charities that are faith based such as a homeless mission that requires you to hear a sermon before feedong you can not get government money right now. because of the separation of church and state. the faith based initive would allow them to get money to run the meal portion of their program.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• The Faith Based Initiative basically lets churches take over the rehabilitation of some criminals. The problem is with the separation of church and state when it comes to money exchanging hands to be used in the rehab programs.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• it's a department that helps church organizations with community activities.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_based_initiative

obama on it: http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-07-01-obama-faith_N.htm
    this is an issue he and mccain agree on and i agree on it as well.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My $.02 : Faith based initiatives, IMO can help this country more so then any Government Organization. More churches that would be able to get involved in THEIR community to help others, the stronger the community is . Catholic, Hillel, Temples, etc...  This may be the one thing Obama and McCain agree on..  IMO, The Federal Govt doesn't know what programs my small community needs. The state doesn't truly know. Who knows best? The Community and The Churches are a integral part of better grasping what needs to be done. (again, I feel like I have to say, in my opinion every other sentence so I don't get told where to go on this website). This is only my opinion (and what I might consider writing my thesis on)hrmmmmmm scratching head... Afterall, Charity starts at home...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• PTBAAMom : Thanks for the topic. I am curious to see what others think of Faith Based Inititatives...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I Have to differ on this, I dont agree on churchs or missions getting involved my ancestors went through that system and before you know it they will be hanging people again not the right answer look what happen to the Souix,Ojibwe,ect watch Kevin Costnors, 5OO NATIONS film then tell me what churchs are good for theres an old saying history repeats itself
    whitedove1952

Answer by whitedove1952 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008