Christmas gift for daycare?

I am starting to get some gifts, and wondered if the child care person should be on that list? Do you get a gift for your child care provider? Kind of like getting a gift for the teacher?

HallesFabMom

Asked by HallesFabMom at 8:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think so. That would be nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Of course... They spend a lot of time caring for your child. I would do a gift card.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I plan on getting my sons daycare provider a gift. They spend a lot of time with our kids and they deserve appreciation as well. I was thinking like maybe a gift card to Outback or something that her and their family could all enjoy together.
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I always made some thing for them. like a big plate of fudge and cookies for the whole facility to share. They LOVED it.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I always bought my child care person a gift certificate for a massage now I do the same for my daughters teachers and the principal and usually if you buy in bulk they will give you a great deal and then you gan give more out like to your parens and spouse and maybe even your self. I just buy 10 at a time and give to people I don't know what to give.
    momfairy

Answer by momfairy at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I used to work daycare and truthfully, the best gifts were those that were personal to the child, such as ornaments - I still have some after 10 years.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the post above. As a teacher the best gifts to get are ornaments and coffee mugs etc. I still have a lot of ornaments and each year when putting up my tree I will pull them out and see their little sweet face and smile...wonder where they are now?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I give her money. I spend about a week's daycare fee and I give it to the main woman and her 2 assistants.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I did when my children were in daycare & still do w/ their teachers. Maybe a gift card 2 a restaurant or the movies & put them in a small stocking (u can get 1 from ne dollar store)w/ a simple card.That mite b a nice touch. Also, a homemade cookie arrangement usally goes over pretty well!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I'm a daycare provider, and I have to say the best gift I got was last year...a gift certificate for a massage! HELL YES! lol! Some years I get money, some years yummy cookies or a gift the child made. It doesn't matter what the gift is, it's the thought that counts. On the flip side, I do get all the kids little gifts and have them make presents for there parents.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 9:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008