Stinky neighbor

My neighbor and I have sons that ride the same school bus. Every morning after the kids get on the bus,we chat for awhile. I couldn't help noticing that she has an odor about her. She smells like meat and BO if you can imagine that.
How do I avoid standing and talking to her? She's nice enough,but if I back up,she moves forward! Should I start making excuses that I need to get back in or what? Send her a basket of soap?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• IDK... I had , yes, HAD, a neighbor that wore SO much perfume (that I hated), and she'd hug me, I'd have to change when I got in... I could hardly stand talking to her... IDK what to say... try to breathe out your mouth.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 6:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• LMBO!!!
    i'd just try to avoid her. say a quick 'hello' and make a fast exit. or you could carry your cell with you and pretend you're talking to me.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My brother is a diabetic and never has he been stinky!
    Is it her body, or could it be her breath?
    I had a student that was Indian and he always smelled of ....curry maybe, very spicy, it was in his skin.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Just keep your phone with you, and when you see her coming, act like you are talking to someone. Say hello, and wave. Simply walk away, and you shouldn't have that problem anymore.

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Does she have the odor when you pick up the kids from the school bus?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oooo that is a tough one! Some people have a strange odor not from lack of personal hygiene but because of medications, diet or medical conditions. With that said, I think that the only thing that you could do is perhaps make a speedy retreat....

chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yes tootoobusy,she's reeking in the am and in the pm unfortunately

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yep, make a speedy retreat, or just stand upwind of her. I bet she has a medical condition.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• She is diabetic but does that make them smell "meaty"? She smells like smoked sausage!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010