How do you know when your toddlers' having a headache?

I am rather curious as to how one can tell if their child is haveing an headache.....considering that the child may not be able to communicate in words. Raheem woke up very fussy this morning and he refused to sit up...so thus arise my curiousity.............................

JAgirl

Asked by JAgirl at 9:07 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son has worked it out with me the cue that he will hold his head and lay down if he has a headache.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• thats a good question, i've always been wondering that myself, i usually go by, If he's not tired, he's fed and changed he does'nt have a fever i might give him some tylenol usually it helps so i kno he has a headache
    sdolly

Answer by sdolly at 10:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My daughter holds her head and lays her head down on my lap. You can also watch for sensitivity to light. My daughter will cry if the sun hits her or if I turn on the light.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2008