I missed 1 birth control pill....

I took it the next day with my daily pill (took 2 at once) and have been bleeding for 4 days straight.... is this normal?

VanessaMomof2

Asked by VanessaMomof2 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

• You shouldnt have taken two at the same time. you should have just taken the one you missed and then continued like normal and used protection for a little while to prevent pregnancy. you started bleeding because your body received too much hormones at once.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 9:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yup. Call your gyno and see what they want you to do.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm also under some stress and I can't eat, I've been throwing up all morning. The pill thing happend last thursday. Shouldn't I be ok, by now. Should I go to the er...I haven't eaten in 4 days without throwing up.
    VanessaMomof2

Comment by VanessaMomof2 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You should never double the dose of any medication. Call your OB and find out what you need to do. Hopefully you won't suffer any long term effects.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2010