What color should I paint the wall that my kitchen and living room share?

We are planning on painting our kitchen light blue with white trim and painting our living room a sea green/teal color with tan or white trim. Unfortunately these two rooms share a rather large wall and I have no clue what color to paint it.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'd stick with the white trim in the living room area if that's what you're doing with your kitchen. That will make the color flow better between the two rooms. Do you want the shared wall to be bold or blend in with the two rooms?

I think www.hgtv.com may have some good ideas to try. =)
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Either tan or white
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You will have to go into the huge color wall charts and find a color that will bring the two together. BUT, the trim has to be the same in both rooms. I use to go with a slightly off white, but now I am Bright White because it makes it bang.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'd keep the colors a light shade in both rooms and paint the common wall the same as the living room.

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2010