Do you think the media is in the tank for Obama? Are their methods acceptable to you?

CBS and NBC Refuse to Scold Obama's False Medicare Slam on McCain Over the past few days, the Obama campaign has been claiming -- both in ads and in statements by Barack Obama himself -- that John McCain would "cut" Medicare benefits by "$882 billion," a charge that the Associated Press called "shaky" and that FactCheck.org bluntly dismissed as "bogus" and "false." Yet of the three broadcast networks, only ABC News has thus far joined the condemnation of Obama's deceptive ad. NBC on Monday would only go so far as to say "McCain's advisors say that's not true..." -- implying that it's merely a partisan difference of opinion -- while CBS has thus far refrained from questioning Obama's truthfulness on this issue.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh NBC, ABC, and CBS are awful. None are posting the entire Joe Biden quote. And another interesting thing, Fox news broke a story a few days ago regarding an ACORN convention rooting for Obama as President. Yeah they are supposed to be non-partisan since they are accepting tax payer dollars. None of the other networks are talking about it. Now two days later the NY time is finally paying attention. RIDICULOUS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I don't understand why everyone has a hard on for Obama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Traditionally the media or anyone in Hollywood, is a liberal. You hear all the negativity about conservatives but nothing about liberals.You do not hear much critisim of Obama and they guy is halirious. I woud make fun of him constantly if that were my job. However, you are always hearing about what Mcain did wrong. The minute he says something that is even a little off, the media jumps all over him. But Obama is allowed to say what he wants,pretty much, without correction.
    I do not much like to play the political game but I strongly feel much of this county is making an uneducated decision. Please Please Please do your research before throwing away your vote!
    glockgrl

Answer by glockgrl at 9:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• In a word--yes. It's why I think it's odd that so many people continue to make the claim that his campaign is being run so much more positively. I think I said it in a post last night, that the health care ads he's running here are 95% false according to the fact checking organizations we've researched with.

I also think it's odd that people here talk about scare tactics from McCain's camp, because people in our state, especially the elderly, believe that they're going to lose their coverage under McCain and lose Medicaid, which again, isn't true. But, those like my grandmother hear the media praise Obama and assume that because they say he's running the positive campaign, what his ads are saying must be more accurate and truthful than McCain's.

It's sad IMO. There's crap flying from both sides here, but there seems to be an unwillingness to call Obama's camp out.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 9:39 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• if you have been following the campaign, they all are doing this to each other. One day its Obama's turn the next day is McCain. If I was voting from what I see on the TV, each day I would be voting for someone else. We have learned to tune in for short splirts. If it is the candidate I'm not for day I tune out more. And completely tune out the name calling days on tv, I have learned to hate that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Yes, and no.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 10:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Anyone who believes the media is unbiased is either naive or a fool. The media is, like any corporation, about the money...and they'll support whomever they think will let them make and keep the most money. Much of our government is, sadly, run the same way.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Obama is the chosen one.. the golden child. I swear if he murdered someone the media would either cover it up or put some pretty spin on it...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Obama and Biden are not perfect but compared to McCain and Palin.....................he's close enough! Palin is calling Obama a Socialist! Palin has done nothing but try to scare the public in regards to Obama! McCain Is just like Bush! That should be self explanatory! And Palin is a racist, Fear Monger who abuses her power! McSame/Impalin'

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• If you want the Republican spin, watch Fox News!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:24 AM on Oct. 22, 2008