Guess what?! Yesterday I called the White House!

I didn't mean the questions to go that far. And yes, it was a shock. The question originally when to Congressman's Emanuel Cleaver secretary in Independence, MO. Then the secretary returned my call. She instructed me to call Washington D.C. to speak with another person who would know the answer.

The question was about a grant writing proposal which research project's findings needed to not only be in benefit of the education, but to the general public and to those in public seat. The first person I though of was Rev. Cleaver.

After the call was transfered, after a ton of questions, the email I'm to send an explanation with to an address of house.gov. I asked, and yes it was the White House.

WHat other shocking, once in a lifetime ever, experience did you experience?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 9:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• having children, and meeting mike epps lol
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 9:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It may not seem as awesomely cool as your experience, but back in 2004, I was deployed on USS Peleliu (amphibious assault ship; second largest in the Navy) and while taking part in an UNREP (underway replenishment) on the bridge, I overheard the captain say something about the eclipse taking place that night.

Later that day (it was a late UNREP), I received an email from my mom containing photos of the eclipse in Denver, CO. Remembering what my captain had said, I emailed her the photos. A couple of hours later, I received an email back from her, thanking me for the photos.

The only other time I'd spoken with her was when the stylist I went to messed up my hair color, turning it purple (not quite Navy regulations). We had just started a five day underway up the coast and I couldn't fix it until we got back at the end of the week. The funny thing is that she's shorter than me but still managed to be intimidating about it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my cousin is married to a famous baseball player, since she lives in another state then idk if ill ever get to meet him since i barely see her. Sometimes we have family reunions so hopefully i will eventually see him cause ive never met a huge big-deal person like that before!

sadly i forget his name and team lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Years ago, my mom had the oportunity to make a phone call on business and spoke to Lech Lawesa in Poland. This was a big deal for us as we are of Polish decent. He was the President of Poland from 1990-1995.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2010