For Cat owners: Is your cat an attention hog?

Mine lets me know I've been on the computer too long by sitting on the mouse and or mousepad. I try to scoot her over and she gets right back on it.

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 9:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• one of them goes about her business and doesnt bother anyone at all..she keeps to herself all day. The male cat though..he is a big ham. As soon as my dh gets home and sits down he comes over and wraps his body around his feet. If he isnt at his feet he is purched up on the arm of the chair right next to him. I hardly ever get any attention from my husband..even when we go to bed boots is there..if we want to have sex we have to lock the cats out..its too weird with boots watching me
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think they all are. In ancient Egypt, they were revered as gods and they haven't forgotten it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• LOL! That is cute.

Mine doesn't like me to talk on the phone. She climbs up and sits right in front of me, and if I need to take notes of the phone conversation, I can't get her to move so I can get to the pen and paper.

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• aren't they all? lol
    That is one of their traits I don't like
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mine do their own thing unless their bowls are empty, and then they're both in my face, on my lap, in front of the computer, or scratching at my blankets. Even if they just ate the last bit, and aren't really hungry.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• BisketLiss, I was going to say basically the same thing. Mine get upset when there's no food in the bowls, even if they're not hungry. One of mine will come in my room early in the morning to wake me up for it. She gets right up in my face and purrs loudly...it's hard to get mad at the love-purrs, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mine is one on occasion. He will sit on the newspaper or book I am reading and usually right on the spot where I am reading. He will also whip me with his tail. He does those things until he gets his loving.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 9:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• LOL.
    When they want food or water but Daisy can have food in the bowl and still meows for some. She likes to lay down by DS and go to sleep or be petted by DS when he is sitting on couch. Sometimes she won't jump up by him unless he tells her to. She just sits on the floor staring at him waiting for him to say "come here". The other one will rub against us sometimes to be petted.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• LOL so cute your cat. I own one and i love her love love love her. She wants attention yes. She would come next to me and snuggle up when i'm on the laptop...she fallows me to the bathroom...downstairs in to the kitchen...waits there patiently till i'm done cooking, then again fallows me back upstairs. she knows when it's time for bed....she mostly lays next too me when i watch TV and comes running when she hears the garage door open and is happy to see me home again. Almost like a dog :)
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Lol, no. Munchkin isn't like that. He wants nothing to do with people most of the time. Sometimes he will crawl up for a scratch, but after a couple of minutes, he is over it, and climbs down. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010