Do I need to refrigerate uncooked eggplant?

CeciConfetti

Asked by CeciConfetti at 12:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Food & Drink

• As long as it is not already cut up, I don't think you have to put i the fridge. Just keep in a cool/dry place
    amoremio

Answer by amoremio at 12:41 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• No. Unless it is cut up, like amoremio said.
    cacnotcam

Answer by cacnotcam at 1:40 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If its cut up uh huh BUT No fruits or veggies should be refrigerated because they lose their vitamin content that way, however we do it because we don't use them for weeks. If you are going to use anything within a couple days there is no reason to keep it chilled
    notyourmommy76

Answer by notyourmommy76 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Do not put it in the refrigerator, it can become bitter if too cold. Store on a counter is fine, and it's better the sooner you use it. You're making me want some. I make it stuffed with hamburger, bread crumbs, cheese, onions, garlic, seasoned salt and fresh parsley. Also kids like it cut in julienne strips(french fry) cut dipped in egg and milk or butter then in breadcrumbs , placed on a baking sheet and baked at 350 till golden brown. Yum!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2008