Help please

I am 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Had some light spotting...went to the doctor yesterday. Cervix was closed, and u/s showed thickening of the uteran (sp) wall. Anyway, came of from work yesterday and I stopped bleeding. Went to the grocery store and on the way home noticed that I had bled through my panties and pants (bright red). No cramping just back ache. Called the doc. she said I was probably miscarrying...go to er if it gets really heavy, or call her in the morning. Anyway, I bled all evening, but didn't get anywhere near "filling" a pad. Like one drop of blood through the night and this morning it's brown....I expected it to get heavier and also expected to pass clots. So here's my question...how long does a miscarriage take? What will the doc. do when I go in today? Is there a possibility that things might be ok still? Any input would be great. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I honestly did the same thing; and I did not miscarry. Take it as easy as possible; as it could be just old blood, it could be just spotting (which is honestly typical..) Watch and make sure you are not bleeding heavily, and I would get a U/S in a week or two. If it is in fact a miscarriage you should bleed more than what you have. again just take it easy and watch it for the next few weeks :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Who knows if you are actually miscarring. Pg with my first who is now 9 I also bled. I had chunks coming sorry to be grafic. I went to the er and that was pointless. All they told me was to go home and wait for it happen. I went to see my ob and asked her to put me on bed rest since i was at work at the time. She did. I wanted to know that I did all that I could for my pg. I was off work for a week and then went to my first ob appointment. I was still bleeding a bit. She did ultrasounds and couldnt really tell where the bleeding was coming from. It eventually stopped. I wonder if I miscarried a twin or something. Big hugs and I hope I helped :)
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 9:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I also did the same thing. A miscarriage doesn't take but a few hours usually but can take longer. You probably would have had heavier bleeding and clots if it were a miscarriage. Did the backache stop. That's not a good sign with bleeding but still doesn't mean you are going to miscarry. A mild backache and/or cramping is can be normal for early pregnacy. I had bleeding up until the 14th week of pregnancy and delivered a full term health boy. She will probably just a blood test to check HGC levels and an Ultrasound to make sure a sac is still visible. If everything goes well , you should be able to see the heartbeat in a few more days. Good Luck!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:47 AM on Oct. 22, 2008