When can an infant start eating graduate foods?

have 11 month and still eats stage 2 and 3 gerber food but has 2 bottom teeth and the 2 up top are almost in. Can we start giving the graduates part? New mom I get paranoid :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• On the puffs from Gerber I was suprised to read they think it depends more on developmental stage than age. They say that you should start graduate foods when your baby is starting to walk. I don't know what I think tho, my eight month old is starting to walk and I don't think he is ready for that food. I would think at 11 mo. yours probably is. Just feed it slowly and watch how he handles it.
    AmandaH7

Answer by AmandaH7 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I have started feeding my 10 month old just some graduate cookies and she loves them. She also has 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top with the other coming in right behind it. i guess it just depends on the food and like Amanda said, feed it slowly.
    PreGGie_MaMa08

Answer by PreGGie_MaMa08 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My 10.5 month old eats most of the graduate foods and regular table food as well. When we started introducing the table food I realized that the amount of teeth he had didn't really matter because he mashes the food with his gums (obviously I make sure it's relativelysoft and in small pieces). We are working on taking bites (tearing) from bigger pieces of food now with him, I hold the food and encourage him to bite a piece off. Hope this helps!

MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 12:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my son is already eating the graduates biter biscuits, zwieback toast (sp?), lil crunchies, and puffs. he LOVES them. lately he's been wanting to do things on his own, so they're perfect. (he's only 7 and a half months old.. i just started giving them about a week ago)
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 1:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My granddaughter is 11 mos old.... after giving her some table foods, she won't touch baby food anymore. If they have teeth, they can start eating most anything, with your good judgement of course.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2008