Would it be wrong top leave my 6 month old with his dad for the weekend?

He cries whenever I'm not with him. But I really want to go somewhere alone and just relax and recharge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no honey it would not be bad!!! even mommy needs a break! :) enjoy yourself!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It would be a great idea to have mommy time, go for it! If his daddy is up for the challenge, I see no problem with it, you baby will not cry the whole time your gone, the first day might be touch and go, but the most likely thing to happen is that he will cry himself tired, take a nap and then wake up realizing that he will have to just accept "daddy" as entertainment. When my 5 year old was around that age she started going to the grandparents house for the weekends, it would break my heart ( I was a first time mom at this point, thinking I ws scaring her for life)seeing her cry when they drove off, but after a few times of them telling me she would stop after they got around the corner, I stopped worring. everything will be fine, go enjoy yourself. :)
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 9:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• no it would not be wrong you need a break from the day to day care of your child. daddy needs to bond with his child also. your child needs to know that he or she has two parents and other people who care for him or her
    avonbooklady58

Answer by avonbooklady58 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think you'll have plenty of "ME" time when your child goes to school!!What if something were to happen while you were gone, that your baby's father couldn't handle? How would you feel.....Just a thought...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well if its only because he cries and your 100% comfortable with his father doing what he needs to do then i say you should give it a try but if your not 100% comfie and you have doubts then i say wait. My daughter cries a lot too but hey! we all need breaks..what concerns me more is how he takes care of her and that i have to say i am not 100% comfortable with. Not at all lol. Its all up to you Anonymous!
    PreGGie_MaMa08

Answer by PreGGie_MaMa08 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• If you can manage it I would go for it.

My son is 11 months and I could really do with a brak - I just feel guilty if I leave him and constantly worry. So need to work on this...but I feel he is too young :(

Let us know if you do manage to and how it goes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wouldnt. But thats because I get a break every weekend. My MIL watches our DD on saturday and sunday so I get spend the day home alone and with my hubby. If you trus his father to take care of him then fine but maybe just try an all day outing not an overnight trip to start. The first time I was away from my DD all night I could not relax or sleep because I was so worried about her.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son is almost 10 months old, and I couldn't imagine leaving him. I don't think I'd have any fun because I'd miss him too much and be worried. He's still pretty much exclusively breastfed (he's just not into solids) so I couldn't leave him anyway!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think you'll have plenty of "ME" time when your child goes to school!!What if something were to happen while you were gone, that your baby's father couldn't handle? How would you feel.....Just a thought... >>>>>>>>>>This is a ridiculous answer!!!!! Yes, you should go. He is the father, you didn't make that baby all by yourself.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I agree "BridgetC140"what a horrible answer. You could say the same thing about when they are in school. The major thing they instill in new mothers at the hospital is to make sure they can get thier own time. If you are worried that you will not have fun the whole weekend or that your son will cry and cry and cry just have a nice "you" day, see how it goes. And then go from there. But by all means don't make yourself think that you have to spend every waking moment with your baby, your baby will be okay, he will adjust without scaring him for life. If you need a break take one, I for one wouldn't think you were a bad mom if you took a break....He has a responsible person and most importantly it is his father to take care of him, it isn't like your leaving him with a complete stranger or a regular babysitter to take off for the weekend.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008