Is it normal to have a 30wk ultra sound?

I am 30w2days I had an Ultrasound yesterday and when I arrived the tech seemed bewildered I was there. She said "you are here again," I had 2 Ultrasounds in 2nd trimester, the first the images weren't that clear they told me so back I went when she was alittle bigger and could see clearly. Than my doc ordered a 30wk ultrasound, I do have some fibroid's that I guess they are keeping an eye on. Plus her size but she weighed 2lbs 12oz, all I researched online shows she is doing fine weight wise though they didn't tell me her length. I guess my question or questions are is this normal for Ultrasound at 30wks? Should I be worried or upset? I feel like I am in the dark, than again I guess they are just being cautious.

Dame13

Asked by Dame13 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would ask them why it is necessary for you to get the extra ultrasound. Maybe they didn't get what they needed with the last one. Or maybe they are trying to keep an eye on the fibroid to make sure they don't start affecting the growth of the baby.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 9:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Your OB is probably just checking to make sure everything's okay. Especially since you mentioned that once the picture wasn't very clear and you have fibroids. I started going weekly to get ultrasounds when I hit the 30 week mark, but I had high blood pressure and my OBGYN wanted to make sure that all of my daughter's organs looked okay, that my fluid wasn't going down. I was high risk for pre eclampsia and I did later develop it. I think you're fine, your OB is just trying to be safe. I wouldn't mind getting ultrasounds done more frequently than normal, you get to see that little bundle of joy. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• But if you are really concerned as to why, don't be afraid to ask! I'm sure your OB would be happy to tell you why. Just ask and you will be reassured. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• it does not sound strange to me
    BUT
    i had too many ultra sounds to count, placents previa so no internal exams for me after 15 weeks, all my exams were outside scans, so i am the queen of these, i had maybe 8 or 9, maybe more

sounds like you have doc, just making sure because of fibroid, call and ask nurse at your doc office to put your mind at rest
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have had 3 kids and they only did 2 ultrasounds one at my first visits and one at 20-22 weeks.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2010