Can you eat Ceaser Salad when you are pregnant? I read somewhere that the Caeser dressing is not good when you are pregnant.

pregnancy, certain food

mom2jared

Asked by mom2jared at 11:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, you should not it has raw egg in it. So no. If you are unsure ask your dr. but i know when i was pregnant with my daughter NO you shouldnt eat it.
    hailsmama

Answer by hailsmama at 11:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Just ask your doc...they will know best. I think if you get those spritzer things its OK tho.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 11:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If you are eating at a restaraunt, ask the server if the dressing is made on site and if it is made with raw eggs. Not every caeser salad is made with raw eggs, so some of them would be safe.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 11:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I ate plenty of Ceasar Salads and had a healthy baby girl. Always ask your doctor any question you have even if it seems dumb, just to be sure and not to have to worry about that anymore. Plus I don't know about you but I love ceasar salads...lol
    nelky629

Answer by nelky629 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• A ceasar salad itself of course is fine, its the dressing that is the worry, which is made with raw eggs, however, it isnt hard to find a solution to that problem. When you go to by some, look for a label that says it is pasteurized. Then it is 100% safe. But always ask your dr.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I eat ceasar salad i eat them all the time when i am pregnancy i don't like ceasar dressing i always eat it with Italian
    Angelmom03

Answer by Angelmom03 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Of course you could eat ceasar salad am pregnant and i enjoy ceasar salad my doc told me that salad always is good!
    EvaMaria18

Answer by EvaMaria18 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I eat it often, LOVE IT!!! but like other moms have said just make sure that the dressing isn't made with the raw eggs. Otherwise it's all good!!!
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 2:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2008