scared!

SO i have 3 more weeks until my six week check up and for some odd reason Im terrified to ever have sex again. My mind keeps telling me that it will hurt terribly. With my 1st daughter i didn't have sex for about a year after i gave birth because my husband was deployed. Any advice? (sn: i had a c section)

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 9:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

• I had sex two weeks after my first c-section. My husband had just gotten back from a 15 month deployment and we couldn't wait any longer. Although it didn't hurt, he had to go really slow. Of course though you are not supposed to have anything in the vagina til 6 weeks prior giving birth to decrease the risk of infection. Either way though, it's going to have to be a slow and gradual process and like tootoobusy said, tell your husband your fear so he'll know to be gentle.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Start slow and easy. Share your fear with your husband. Let him know he may have to stop.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:33 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i had c section and had no problem after
    slow, and easy, call it foreplay
    you will be fine, but extra worry about it will make it more than it is, try to relax
    let your husband know your concerns, if he is a descent man he will go slow and make sure you are ok
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Take it slow, don't rush. Let your husband know, he should understand. It is scarey the first time after birth but word of advice if you can get pregnant and are not ready for another child, then I would protect your self by the pill or something.

I was blessed with my son unexpectedly, he is a wonderful boy. I was not ready at the time, but we were happy and excited. It just happen. :) He is my last child and I love them all equally, just very surprised when I found out I was pregnant, at first I didn't believe it. He is now 6 and his sister is 7. It happen so fast. :)

Good luck, and enjoy. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Exactly what tootoobusy said.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• *post not prior. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2010