What is your opinion?

I have a friend who always suggests that she leave her son with my teen daughter when her and I go on a girls night out. She has offerd to pay my daughter, but has not so far. Normally my daughter would have to watch her twin brothers anyway, so do you think it's wrong for my daughter to be paid to babysit her son? Do you think it's wrong for my friend to offer to pay my daughter, but hasn't? I'm thinking she should get paid. What are your thoughts?

Jerzymom

Asked by Jerzymom at 9:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i think your friend should pay...and i would tell your daughter to tell your friend she wants her money up front
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think your friend should pay. Doesn't matter if she is watching the twins. She offered to pay and she should.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think you are letting your daughter get the shaft while you go out and have a good time.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:39 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would pay my daughter for watching the twins and expect my friend to pay to watch her child.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 9:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Pay the kid! And charge the going baby sitting rate!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If the woman offers to pay she should pay.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• imo
    teen should get some payment
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• if teen does not money for watching her brothers
    maybe you and your friend can split the cost of sitter
    and maybe daughter can think it comes from friend, that way friend has help with cost and you do not have to pay daughter for sitting brothers=some people do not pay for sibling to watch sibling, and if you pay once then she may expect everytime you go to the store
    a little white lie, or you can think of as helping friend split cost of girl night out
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Your daughter should be paid by your friend. What you work out with your daughter is between the two of you. But the addition of a child who is not part of the family arrangement deserves payment.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That's what I thought you would say. Thanks You all !
    Jerzymom

Comment by Jerzymom (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2010