So my daughter has never been in daycare or nursery school. Her school requires her to start full time when she starts at age 3...

Anyone else have this same situation and it turned out ok?

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What? A private preschool requires her to start full time? I'd find another one. I've never heard of anything like that before. The preschool I sent my kids to had a 2 day per week minimum, but full time at 3? Doesn't make sense. Even my daughter's public Kindergarten is 1/2 day. Sorry, I'm confused.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:47 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• They said she can go till 11:30 to start but it's not much less money. It's a Blue Ribbon school with a great reputation. I know many ppl who send their kids to daycare for 10 hour days. How bad can it be? I thought maybe I was over analyzing it.
    MLM0503

Comment by MLM0503 (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• She would probably adjust just fine. It may take a little for her to get used to it, but she'll be fine once she gets the hang of it. She'll probably be excited to go back!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My daughter will be 3 in March. I can't imagine sending her for so long, but if you trust the daycare, you can help it to work fine for her.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• So there is an option to go full time AND an option to go part time. You're simply making the decision based on money, as part time really isn't that much less than full time. Ok.
    It may be a more difficult transition for her, especially since it's for so long at a time and she really hasn't had much experience with being away. It would make sense that it will be harder for her since it's not something she's previously experienced. I'm sure she'd adjust.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 1:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The school doesn't require 3 year olds to begin at full-time. Make whatever decision that you feel is in the best interest of your child, but don't blame the school.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 2:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• 5 days is full time and that's what they require.
    MLM0503

Comment by MLM0503 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• BTW it's not a daycare. It is PRESCHOOL. Big difference.
    MLM0503

Comment by MLM0503 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• she will be fine
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2010