no good at hair!

I have a 2 year old and a 2 week old. I still have not mastered doing my daughters hair yet. Any tips? (sn: she has African american hair so its courcse)

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 9:48 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Practice!!! Practice!!!! Practice!!!

My daughter is Puerto Rican, and her hair is very, very, curly... It started puffing out when it dries, she is now 7 and I am finally getting the hang of it. Yes, 7 years, I still find it difficult, because compared to my hair and the rest of my kids it is time consuming and difficult to work with, everyone adores her hair and so do I.

You can do it, just keep practicing and ask a friend or salon for tips... I use alot of conditioner, and I mean alot. A good brush, and wide tooth comb. Also, alot detangler to comb through it. :) Good luck~
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• The best advice I have it to always keep it up. I have two African American cousins, and that's been the key to them having nice hair, to always have nice hair.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Maybe call a salon or take your LO's in and ask for the best products for their hairtype, which haircuts are best for their hair, and easiest to maintain. Tell the stylist that you don't really know what to do, they'll be able to show you and make it a style that's got easy upkeep. Youtube always has pretty helpful videos for stuff like that too.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 3:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Do it into like 20 twists and cover it @ nite with a satin cap
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2010