I heard that Atheists are the least trusted of any religion in American, do you think that's true?

I saw it on 30 days last night. They also said of all religions that parents least wanted thier children to marry an atheists, and were least likey to vote for an Atheist if they were to run for a political office even if they were the most qualfed. So what do you think?

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• honestly, I hate to say it as an atheist myself, but yes it probably is the least trusted. I does sadden me to hear so many people feel that way, but it's what their religions teach them to fear. A majority of our nation all comes from the same belief system and from that it teaches to beware a non believer and that we as non believers are deceived.

Although knowing people wouldn't vote for an atheist is beyond biased and I wish those people would pull their head out of their ass and worry about our country and a whole and it's immediate needs rather than dwell on petty crap like their religion, race, or sexual orientation.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Personally, I would rather a national leader base their decisions without referring to their religious agenda- which makes me especially likely to vote for an Atheist.
    The major misconception is that since we do not believe in a deity, we have no moral compass... *sigh*.... simple ignorance.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Honestly, I think the fundamentals of any religion should fit into that category.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Atheists belong to no religion! It means they don't believe in anything unless there is factual evidence. IT'S NOT A RELIGION PEOPLE!
    I think your show "30 days" is lame. Who the hell believes anything anyone says on that stupid show? Ridiculous...

"It is arrogant to believe that there is no higher intellect or power or wisdom than just a mere mortal"

WOW, they're arrogant just because they don't believe in some stupid mythical belief. I am not Atheist, but i love them all. Atheists are super smart people & you can take that to the bank. They have even done studies on it & apparently, Atheists score better than believers do. They just have a brain that thinks too much to believe anything that has no factual background. that is not arrogant, it's actually pretty smart.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-26/health/liberals.atheists.sex.intelligence_1_sexual-behaviors-liberalism-exclusivity?_s=PM:HEALTH
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If it is it's dumb. Honestly in my life I have receive the most help and encouragement from atheists. Over all other religions including my own.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Gal51. You're so wrong. First of all, how can you expect an atheist to believe in sin and in christ, and hell, and a creationer if they don't believe in a god? Otherwise it'd be kinda stupid to say, "Hey, I don't believe in God, but I do believe Jesus was his son,"

Atheists don't believe in a god because there is no evidence of a god. Show me evidence of a god, and I will tatoo, "I was wrong" on my forehead. Find absolute proof- no, the bible isn't proof- and I will do that and take a picture and send it to you.

Darwin's theory has already been revised by science. Darwin wasn't the end-all be-all to evolutionary theory. He just sorta started it.
    And btw, something you should know, the theory of evolution does nothing to disprove a god. It doesn't attempt to, doesn't want to, and won't ever. Evolution is just a description of the evidence gathered. Stop being so threatened by it, and learn about it.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 3:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i think people need to get over themselves. I honestly believe that if someone is qualified to run in office and they mean well then i would vote for them. this is just basically saying that if you weren't rich i wouldn't vote for you. i think people need to understand that just because they don't believe in god or such that they aren't nice or even have good morals. i have a lot of friends that are atheist and well i rather hang out with them instead
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 7:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• is athiest even considered a religion? really..idk i thought being athiest meant not believing in any god..so how can being an athiest be a religion?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• anyways...i think just because a person is anti god..does not mean they lack morals
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's propaganda fed to the masses by organised religion as another scare tactic to prevent them from straying from their faith.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010