Innocence Destroyed- Very Disturbing and Graphic Documentery and Children dying in CPS care...anyone know if there is solid fact here? adult content

WARNING: VERY DISTURBING! GRAPHIC PICTURES AND STORIES OF CHILD ABUSE AND DEATH

This short, preview kind of documentary is very disturbing, I am shaking and close to tears. I can't imagine this and it scares me. I know no system is perfect but I was wondering if there are any people here involved with CPS who would have another view, or the same view? Just looking for real facts.

http://www.examiner.com/cps-and-family-court-in-albany/bill-bowen-s-documentary-innocence-destroyed-about-kids-murdered-while-custody-of-cps-is-powerful

DoveMomma

Asked by DoveMomma at 9:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• One of my friend's grandchild died while placed in a home by CPS. She was taken away from my friend's loving home and could not return because of a story told by the mother and her family. The mother had an issue and she was placed in this home. This precious child left and abusive situation and placed in another...by the state :( The circumstances surrounding the death of this 5 yr old child is heartbreaking. It is evident that the abuse was apparent and violent. As this child lied there on the floor...these ppl did nothing to help and this was for hours. When it was apparent that the child was not breathing Then the parents to took them to ER and lied on this baby...saying that they fell. However, the hospital discovered that the spleen was severed which eventualy killed them. These ppl invented more stories about this child saying that they were unruly and etc. The county did not charge these ppl!!This is a tragedy!!!!
    LovingUs

Answer by LovingUs at 10:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• OMG, they are the sadest stories, I have ever heard.

A girl I knew was an alcholic and drug attic. She never beat them, made sure they were feed, they were in sports, and well dressed, and clean. She was adicted to drugs. She had two beautiful boys, they took her boys away and would not give them to family!!! I saw them at the super market, they looked at me like I want to go home. The man didn't even introduce himself. He was very odd.

Who's interest are they looking out for, the child or the system????

That is an excellent question.. What can we do too help????
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• this happens al the time! I was in foster care (because I was a "delinquent" not because of my parents! But they were mean! They would get their kids McDonald and give us butter bread Mainly little things that make you feel inignifigant, but it was shitty! Become a foster parent, and maybe you can help a few kids in your lifetime at least!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• YES this Happens, Judges are not always right on what should be done My children were abused by their father, and durning the divorce, I was told that if I didnt let my children go to see him on visits, that they would give him Custody, this is after I had just explained some of the abuse that was towards the kids, had proff, pictures and more..although my children no longer have to go to their fathers because after that day he left, never to contact them again..Thank GOD!, Although Im not done with what happen to my children, because I will see that he never hurts another child again!. TO ME the JUDGES are the ones that say what or where these kids go!! We need to look where to blame, and work on that also!, CPS can be good if they would fight for the kids, and look this ...WHAT IF THIS WAS YOUR CHILD??? What would you do??? Same goes for the JUDGES!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I was really thinking I was going to get comments saying this is crap...I was hoping I guess.

Get involved and fix it, stand up for children who can't stand for themselves, is a program who is suppose to be " in the best interest of the children" won't do it, we have to.
    DoveMomma

Comment by DoveMomma (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2010