fun ideas?

what are some family activities that can be done with a 2year old and a 2 week old? i find it hard to com up with anything to do as a family other than the park and beach and both me and my husband are bored with those two. Any ideas?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 9:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think museums, the zoo, things like that are fun. Your 2 year old will be able to explore and have fun but it's also easy to accomodate to a baby. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old and we've done both with our boys.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Umm lets seee
    1. zoo
    2. aquarium
    3. finger painting
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• In Northern Michigan the colors are changing so we have been collecting leaves. We also go to the library, and corn mazes. We have a childrens museum that is very cool as well.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 9:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• check out the paper for festivals going on- there has to be some available. Right now we have the Renn Fest going on here in MD. You have malls for play areas to- even if you dont shop. Just walk about and get a drink somewhere.
    Taradoodles

Answer by Taradoodles at 11:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• museums are fun!
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 2:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm not much help in that department. My newborn is still medically homebound until October 23rd. Good luck finding ideas (and then maybe I'll come steal them when we can go out!).

One thought though... you could look for a pumpkin patch to go to as a family.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• zoo! museums! walking the mall
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Indoor fix is play hide and seek!!! I used to play flashlight hide and seeks with my little angel when she was two!
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Roam the mall if your really bored...then let baby girl play in the little play area......playdates are also a really good way to talk to other adults while the kids play
    Ahh..Motherhood

Answer by Ahh..Motherhood at 10:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i agree with the zoo, library and mall
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2010