i have to disinfect my home, i have bought some javex clorox i was wondering how much of each to mix together

And if you have any other tips on disinfecting / cleaning your home from top to bottom....please do share!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The "germs" die within a few hours to a day and it's airborne so "disinfecting" with bleach isn't really a good idea, it could actualy make you sick. But to disinfect safely fill a pray bottle half with water, half with white vinegar (vinegar is a natural disinfectant and anti-bacterial) and if you want a little extra kick add a few drops of tea tree essential oil.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm not familiar with javex clorox. Is that regular bleach? I think you can look on the bottle and it will tell you how much to mix with a gallon of water. If this is regular bleach, just remember that it will bleach the color out of any fabric it touches, clothes, curtains, carpet, and the cloth you use to clean with.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Be careful with bleach. Every time I use it, I ruin my clothes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I wanted to know how much water/clorox to mix together to disinfect things like bottles and door knobs....non fabric materials...
    I am trying so hard to get the flu bug out of my house adn this is the only way i can think of doing it because it is being passed around from me to dd to dh and then back to me and dd has it again now...i need it out of my house so i am going to go around and wash all things that are being touched alot in the hosue....aka tv, remotes,door knobes....stuff like that...i am already going around every few mins and putting sanitizer on my hands to keep them clean...but where dd has the flu again now there are germs every where again cause when she sneezes she don't know she has to cover her mouth cause she is only 22 months old! Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's not good to mix products together just make sure you read the labels so you would know if they works together because some things can be harmful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lilmama35555

Answer by Lilmama35555 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'd advise against bleach. It's such a tough chemical on well... everything. Try spray disinfectants (even a store brand one would work). Every time we move into a new place or my kids get sick, I start spraying EVERYTHING we touch on a daily basis and it seems to work. Just make sure to not spray things that could possibly go in the mouth.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010