If you are attending a baby shower at a restaurant, who pays for lunch? You or the hostesses

JVillareal

Asked by JVillareal at 11:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• If it was a formal invite the hostess unless it specifically states otherwise
    Anonymous

• I would say whoever is throwing the party.
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If it was through an mail invite then it would be the hostess I would imagine. But now a days you never know. My son was invited to a birthday party at a skating rink and it was expected for all the kids to pay their own fees, which I have never done to anyone at my kids parties or heard of.

If it's RSVP I would say the hostess should be paying.
    Anonymous

• if you were sent an inviation to the shower by a hostess, i would expect her to pay. if someone said they are having a shower for someone at suchandsuch a restaurant, do you want to come, or they post a general information flyer, i would think you pay if you go. i would bring enough money to pay if i was unsure.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• unless others stated that you have to pay the hostess should pay. however i did mine at a restaurant and if the guess didn't want to eat then they didn't have to pay. that would save me money so i told them they pay for their food and if they didn't want to eat, no harm no foul.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2008