How Much do You Pay for Childcare?

I am a 20-yr-old single mother who pays a little over $650 a month, and I think that it's CRAZY!!! Is there anyone else out here that is paying such ridiculous prices for someone to take good care of their precious package?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• i thought I pay alot....wow!!!! I only pay like 500 a month! I think that if I was you, I dont know if you are on WIC or not but I am and I know that if I wasnt with my fiancee I would be on the other program DHS offers, and its mainly for parents in your situation, it helps pay for your daycare, and they usually give you a list of all the daycares they work with and you can choose who you like out of them....and yes there are some good ones, my lady works with the DHS program and she is awesome. I would check into it, I dont know the exact name of the program but its a WIC for daycare, the rates you pay depend on the area, but I know a few people that take there kids to the same place only pay like 120 a month and they only have to supply diapers and extra clothes, I hope this helps I would really look into it thats too much to pay for daycare in MY OPINION
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 10:23 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I'm paying just under $400/month but I live in a small town and I know that your area plays into the cost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• $100 a week for an inhome sitter. It's $145 at the daycare.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:27 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• 400 a month...650 is crazy, can't you get assistance since you are single?
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Where do you guys live? Those are cheap compaired to here! (WA) Full time care around here is min. $35 a day per kid. I watch my friends 2yr old and 11mo old and I get $300 every two weeks.
    CharishaRaylee

Answer by CharishaRaylee at 10:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I do not think 400 a month is crazy do the math that is twenty dollars a day that is $2.50 per hour now really that's dirt cheap c'mon .I am opening up my daycare and there is no way I have a background in child deveopment do you really think I am going to really charge 100.00 per week I am just going to be just like a daycare sign in and out activities field trips. and a planned curriculm If I get school aged children I will make sure they finish their home work do it right and check it .I will even offer a foreign language curiculum if they would like their child to learn a different lanuage if they pay me extra.I will chare 35per day if they are low income 25 per day.I will have a structed daycare and also a fun one.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2008