How can I convince my husband to let me....................

I would love to rear face our son again even though the only seat that will fit him to rear face is pretty pricey. But hubby says no. He is 2yrs 4 months and weighs 36-37 pounds but he is really really tall. Please no comments on how he should be forward facing. You respect my decision and I'll respect your's ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Is his issue the price of the seat? If that's it, then making some sort of compromise might help (e.g., if you let me get this seat, I won't buy new clothes for myself for the next 4 months). If his issue that he feels the child should be forward facing, then the best you can do is calmly sit him down and share the evidence that led you to your decision. The second scenario may be more difficult for you to work with, since there is no guarantee that you will be able to convince him. If this is the case, I would be cautious - it may be safer for your son to be in a rear facing seat in case of a crash, but it's more dangerous to grow up in a house where mom and dad cannot compromise. Good luck!

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• well, I am with yuor hubby,mainly becasue over protevting is a little strange! I mean the kid will start school next year! Honestly,ERF is not very common! IDK tell him why you dont think it is weird, but i disagree with yu, so sorry!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• What is the reason for wanting to rear face him again? Is it safer? I would need more information to answer
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Well, if you can find a seat that will COMFORTABLY fit him, I don't see a problem. All you can do is show your husband info on why rear-facing is safer, because actually, it s.
    mommytoike

Answer by mommytoike at 10:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes, its 5x safer for any child to rear face.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 10:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Show him the research and the statistics that prove your point. Is his reason money?? What is the cost of a child in an accident?
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• How much longer could your child fit in that seat? Will it last long?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• How tall is you son? Look at other seats there may be another one that is cheaper. Which seat are you looking at?
    We just turned my son front facing. He is 3y. 4m., 37 lbs., and 40 in. His sear is convertable and to adjust it for over 40in it has to be front facing. We figureed it is safer to use it properly. Would rather he be rear facing, though.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 11:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010