How many outfits do you get your kids for each season?

I'm starting to think I have a shopping problem when it comes to kid clothes. They normally wear an outfit only a few times because they have so much except right now. I feel terrible because they only have like 7 outfits each and jeans and long sleeve t-shirts.

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• atleast 7 and a light jacket, a coat and for my dd a cute sweater... as long as they both have atleast 3 pairs of jeans, 2 sweat pants and for my ds some slacks and several long sleeved tshits (like i said atleast 7 for each day of the week ) i need to go shopping bc my dd has no fall or winter clothes. she has grown out of everything
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think seven pairs of jeans is fine! Maybe get a few more shirts. What I do is get some long sleeved tees to go underneath summer short sleeved tees that still fit. Don't worry about it!!! If they are clean and cared for, the number of outfits is NOT important! :-)
    mommytoike

Answer by mommytoike at 10:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I start with 5 days worth. I will pick up things here and there after I get the 5 outfits if I like it. My kids wear uniforms to school so I dont need to get that many regular clothes.
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 10:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I shop for most of my kids things at the thrift store...I have free time while my dd is at preschool and the store is right beside it...so....lol I end up there a lot

I buy 99 % named brand stuff that is barely worn..sometimes even with tags!!!

So b/c I buy like this my kids have a LOT of stuff....my dd has 14 pairs of good jeans right now...hahahahah!

I didnt know this until I straitened out her fall cloths a couple of weeks ago....so I guess I need to stop buying them...lol. But I only pay 2 or 3 dollars a piece for them and they are all Gap and Childrens Place pants. So I feel good getting a good deal!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My kids are very fortunate that their grandparents and family spoil them. My MIL takes me shopping for my kids every season and gets at least 4-5 outfits each. Then I do clothing swaps with friends and always have things on hand in each size. Not to mention hand me downs from other family and friends. And my Mom buys my kids a few outfits here and there, add to that the clothes that we buy oursevles (usually on sale at Target or Old Navy). My kids are very fortunate!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I usually get about 4 pants/jeans, about 10 shirts, a coat, a couple sweaters, some leggings, 2 pairs of shoes & new socks & underware. Occasionally I pick up random stuff here & there.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010