wow..could this be the reason why so many peoples kids are diagnosed with adhd?

i'm watching the show Doctors and a woman just admitted to taking her child's meds because it helps her to focus and be more energetic. I can't believe that. Do you think that maybe there are some parents out there that would go and have their children medicated just so they could get a fix? sad

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm sure!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Parents and teachers really.... many teachers are diagnosing children and giving parents a list of things that they need to share with the doctor. My issue is an MD isn't qualified to diagnose a child with ADHD so they should not be able to give out the drugs for it.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Drs. get repeat visits and insurance payments for this diagnosis. It is ongoing. Just a thought.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't think so!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• There probably are parents that do that...it's pathetic. But what do you do? I suppose as the child gets older, it will be harder to continue that lie. When the child can say that they aren't taking the medication.......SAD.
    mommytoike

Answer by mommytoike at 10:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yiiikes. I have ADD and so does my son. I have medication, but only take it when I especially need to concentrate. We are not medicating our son until he is at least in junior high or high school. It's a drug that many people abuse unfortunately, which is sad, because it really helps those who need it.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• YES! There are parents who do that!
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 10:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• maybe adult has adhd issue themself because i thought when someone takes meds for aDHD AND THEY DO NOT HAVE IT MAKES THEM Hyped up like speed
    so if it helps adult consinstrate then maybe that adult has and does not know
    does not make it right to take the med\
    but if taken by person who does not have, it does not help focus, makes them feel like on speed
    maybe i have it wrong, but that is what i heard
    step son on it and his cousin 9teen girl) stole some and i looked into and thought it was like a speed
    after pills went "missing" after she was in our house=i now count pills before she comes into house also hide his pills so she can not steal and take them
    summer, she was over and she was sitting outside, i went out there & she all really really jumpy, i asked if she was ok (thought teen issue like boy or something) I tolde her uncle & he thought right away drugissue, he asked her, she admited taking med!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• NO, Parents can't have their child diagnosed with adhd, the child would need to be tested.

I am sure some parents take the pills, which is sad because it really does not make them a good parent. YIKES!!!!...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i just find it funny that kids are being diagnosed at age 2 and 3..are they already taking meds that young? i thought all kids that age had their little quirks???
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2010