my MIL.....

does your MIL drive you nuts sometimes?

I got my daughter a princess costume for halloween but it's not long to her feet but to her knees. My MIL said I should take it back because she will get too cold (we live in ohio) I told her i have leggings for her and a longsleeve shirt but she said I should think about these things before buying something. I was like excuse me?!?! if you want to buy her a warmer costume for you trick or treat she can wear it but she will wear what i got her for trick or treat with me....It's not like im gonna let her freeze. My MIL likes to take over like we went someone a while back and I forgot the snacks in the car and she was like what kind of mom forgets that. I told her one who didn't get any sleep and that has been rushed all day and like you've never forgotten anything

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You are playing into it. She is doing and saying to bother you and get a rection. Guess what it is working.
    Try being accommodating and obliging. Skip the sarcasm though.
    It will throw her off. Win at her game.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• what a dope!! Costumes aren't meant to be warm, you always have to wear something under them!!!! Duh!! I'd just tell her to mind her own f'ing business.... she raised her kids, now back off and let you raise yours!!! My MIL's a douche bag - but she knows enough not to say this crap to me!! Ugh!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Well here in WI for halloween my kids 'bundle up' and wear layers under the costume, or put the winter coat on over the costume. I think your mil should shut up and back off as you already had the costume 'issue' already thought out and a good idea for your daughter to wear leggings under it. Sounds like your mil is a bit bossy and tries to be the one in control. I'd tell her "well since I am the mom I will do it my way, if you don't like it too bad! If I want your 'advice' I will ask for it, otherwise shut up and back off!"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my future MIL is an amazing woman. I am lucky to know her. I think your MIL is trying to be controlling. Tell her to back off, she had her chance with her kids, now its your turn with your kids.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010