what do you do when you get overwhelmed from being a SAHM with no time to yourself

My hubby works 2nd shift and if he's lucky gets 1 day off a week so I never get a break. He gets home late and doesn't want to get up early with the kids even every once in a while so i can sleep because he says it will make work harder. I have to do everything...the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. I'm looking at my kitchen that was spotless yesterday thinking what about me?

My daughter doesn't nap but she stays upstairs when my son naps long enough for me to workout but that's it

I love my kids and I love staying home with them but I would love some time for me to go to the store or to go get my hair cut but that doesn't happen much. maybe once every few months. My son is 14 months and i've been away from him maybe 5 times and same with my daughter this past year

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• You don't ask you demand time for your self. You deserve it, shower time alone, shopping alone, library alone, and hour daily, and at least. Once every two weeks, girls night, by meaning, going to dinner, nails done, just you and your friends, too talk about baby drool. LOL :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You may need to find a sitter that you trust, trade off with a freind - watch her kids, she watches yours, mother's morning out, drop in childcare....
    I am kind of in the same situation, I work fulltime though...I have no one to watch my DD, hubby works too many wonky long hours,,etc.
    I have a friend that I dog sit for her and she in turn will watch my precious punkin when I need abreak fo ra couple of hours.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• There is a daycare right by where i live that you can pay by the hour if you don't want them there full time. I have friends who use it and say it's great and i guess to be honest it's the same amount i'd pay for a babysitter but mine moved to college a couple weeks ago
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• "make work harder"????WTH What does he think your doing it all is...easy?! Marriage is a two way street, he can't just work and sleep and nothing more. That is not a husband or father, that is a bread winner, sperm donnor! Tell him two days a week he needs to get his ass up and help give you needed help and free time. Furthermore, I bet he makes time to get sex now doesn't he?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. First you claim to NEVER have any time for yourself, but you are here on CM bitching about all everything. THEN you say that he never helps. Ummm, what?! You are a SAHM, he works outside the home. You want him to come home & CONTINUE to work AFTER he put in a full day, meanwhile you had all day to get these things done?! Are you serious?! You need a better schedule, you need to stop bitching & be grateful that you are blessed enough to be able to stay home with your children. Tell him that you appreciate him, that you are thankful & then maybe he will feel inclined to give you a helping hand in return. I am sorry, but I am a SAHM. I get up at 4am, I get just about everything done before 7am, INCLUDING working out, cleaning, making my SO his coffee, smoothie AND lunch. I see no reason why others can't
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• IDK why my answer came up anonymous, I didn't mean to. I stand by what I said
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010