Have any of you flown after 36 weeks?

I am supposed to fly from Denver to Arizona when I am about 37 1/2 weeks. Would this be a good idea or should I try and make my trip earlier, or possibly just drive to Arizona?

MissMaryAnn0129

Asked by MissMaryAnn0129 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Travel

• Check with the airline. Most won't allow you to fly after 34-36 weeks. If it's questionable, they may require a note from your doctor to prove that you're not further along than that.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 10:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Most doctors wouldn't recommend traveling after 36 weeks, just in case you go into labor or start having problems. You would be so far from home. Talk to your doctor first and make sure that he thinks this trip is ok. The airlines probably won't let you fly though.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wouldn't do it. I missed my hubby's graduation from naval basic training in great lakes, il. And sure enough-- I gave birth two days after the ceremony. Go earlier if possible. And I wouldn't drive. Wouldn't it be terrible if your labor started in the middle of nowhere? And then end up lost trying to find a hospital. Good luck Hun. I hope u can find a safe way to get where u need to be.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 7:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I recommend you stay close to home unless you plan to deliver on your way there, there or on your way back. Unless it is a matter of life and death, you need to focus on what is best for you and your baby. IMO, that is close by your doctor, hospital and family.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2008