Infant Car Seats - What do you recommend for a low price?

We are due to have a boy in February and we are in the search for a new infant carseat. My Son and daughter, who are both in toddler carseats, used hand-me-down carseats when they were infants. I would like to avoid reusing them as they're wearing with age. Therefore, I'm in search for an infant carseat. Any recommendations?

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 10:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Travel

• I am due with a girl in February too :) I have a boy and a girl already too!!! I really like Graco car seats! I would suggest to look for one that has the adjustment strap that hangs down between the legs. For some reason they are making more and more that DONT have this feature, and I think it is VERY convenient!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You could always look on Craigslist. I personally refuse to buy a used car seat simply because I worry about someone lying about it being in an accident or something, so maybe you know someone personally who is ready to get rid of their infant seat and will sell it to you for cheap. Otherwise, Target and Walmart both have decently priced infant seats!

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Our local hospital gives them away at birth so the baby goes home safely. They even install it in the car properly. Check with yours.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 2:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Indyk, my hospital doesn't give away carseats.
    I don't trust Craigslist for anything, fatgirl239.

Thanks though, ladies!
    JazzlikeMraz

Comment by JazzlikeMraz (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You can get some descent deals on Ebay for a NEW car seat. Are you looking for a convertible one or just a Infant? There is also a Car Seat group on CM that will be able to point you in the right direction. Congrats on your upcoming Little Guy!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i would check a couple of less pricey one and check to see if any of them were recalled and take it from there
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2010