Have you met anyone who graduated from college (undergrad) at the age of 28?

Did they have problems finding a job due to age discrimination?

rachelcat

Asked by rachelcat at 10:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• No that is not even close to old enough to worry about age discrimination. In fact....I suspect that a lot of employers would rather have a more mature individual who would be more reliable and dependable...as opposed to a still partying college kid...know what I mean!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:52 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• went back to college at 26 for different degree
    and no problem, i do not think age discrimination is even issue with people in twenties
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have a friend who has her masters at age 25 and I think she is discriminated because of being so young...
    Nikobaby2010

Answer by Nikobaby2010 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My son's dad. He was older then that actually. I think he was 30..anyway he went on to get his ph.d after that. He didnt get a job in his field until he was in his mid 30's. (he's a scientist. not sure if it matter what field your in or not in regards to the question)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I did. I had no issues what so ever. Actually landed a very coveted internship in my senior year. Now I have a great job in my field and have been doing this for the last 10 years.
    muffistough

Answer by muffistough at 10:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Guess I should clarify the reason he didn't get a job till his mid 30's is because he was finishing his ph.d He had no problem getting a job. He had lots of offers.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Age discrimination at 28? Not really likely so long as he was working before that. I graduated at 22 and faced a lot of age discrimination. Many employers wanted someone with 5-10 years experience. It's their way of saying they only want to hire someone who is between 27-32+ years of age.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have a friend of mine who received he degree at 32. No age discrimination.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• 28? no, there are still plenty of people going to college much older than that!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Like other posters said, your biggest barrier to employment will probably be lack of experiance.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010