THERES GOT TO BE ANY EASIER WAY....

to take pre-natals they are so big and get stuck in my throat, it hurts! and yesterday I think the fish egg looking one (DHA/EPA Liquid gel) melted in my throat and I was left burping gross oily vitamin flavor- YUCK! has anyone know of anyways to like hold your head, something to drink that makes it go down better, ect?

momof3ttc

Asked by momof3ttc at 10:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I put water in my mouth first, like almost an entire mouthfull, then drop the pill in, swallow and drink an entire glass of water. Its the only way I can take pills (ANY pills). You could try it..

Good lucK!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• they have chewable vitamins. I always take my swallow ones in the middle of a meal, they seem to go down better if I am eating!!
    sweetpea8973

Answer by sweetpea8973 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I break my prenatal in half so it's easier to take, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Ask your OB for a chewable vitamin. I had one called "Select OB" It tasted like blueberry sugar. I couldn't get down the gigantic vitamins either and these where a life saver!
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 11:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes they are gigantic!!! I hate them at the first trimester, but I got used to it after months of taking them. All of them are that big, ask your ob if you can get the chewable or gummy ones. I usually eat a cracker and drink some water before and after so there will not be after taste. During my first trimester, I have to eat ice cream before and after taking the vitamins. Couple of time I can't swallow so I have to drink a lot of water or something to push it down. It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Some women can't take prenatals so they try the flintstone vitamins.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010